Have you ever wanted to live inside one of your favorite anime shows? Me too.
Legend of the Otaku is an anime-based role-playing game where you step into the shoes of Tenchi Takahashi, a hardcore anime addict, manga aficionado, and overall otaku-extraordinaire. Tenchi’s life of fandom is abruptly interrupted by the sudden appearance of Anju, a mysterious girl from another dimension (aren’t they always?). A viscous demonic overlord is conquering Anju’s homeland, so her inventor-father sent her through an inter-dimensional portal with a set of powerful crystals, which are capable of tapping into the substantial energy existing at the crossroads of worlds. The crystals amplify the user’s inner strength, turning Tenchi and his friends into the heroes that they always dreamed of being.
This game is a melting pot of every anime genre that has ever existed. Ever want to see futuristic mecha piloted by a magical girl take on a kaiju bound to a monster-trainer’s summoning ball, while engaging in a food war with all of the waifus from your favorite harem show? Me too. As a huge anime fan, I designed Legend of the Otaku to give something back to anime fans everywhere. The story unfolds in a rich immersive environment, so feel free to explore, push buttons, open boxes, and discover all of its secrets. What can you expect to find:
– Medieval, modern, and futuristic role-playing, simultaneously.
– Classic anime character classes – otaku, magical girl, mecha pilot, martial artist, monster trainer, Shinto priestess and more.
– 10+ playable characters.
– Quest progression.
– Ridiculous inventory system including anime-based items not found in other games.
– Rich cast of characters, each with their own backstories and narrative roles.
– Character personality types: tsundere, moe, ojou, yandere, nadeshiko, kamidere, kuudere, genki, bokukko, dandere, loli, bifauxnen, dojikko, sensei, neko, meganekko, miko, mahou shoujo, imouto, aidoru, pasokon, ane, chibi, chikyugai.
– Expansive maps – wander the streets of Tenchi’s home town of Kittori, Anju’s magical homeland, the halls of ancient monasteries, bubbling onsen, mystical Japanese folklore, and more.
Because this game is by a fan, for the fans, I want to give my patrons the content they’re looking for, in the order they’re looking for. To that end, patrons will be able to vote on upcoming content, obtain access to special patron-only content (i.e. the ecchi stuff), and in some cases, encounter anime-based versions of themselves in the game itself (for true aficionados). In the meantime, sit back, relax, and get ready to live the anime life you’ve always dreamed of.
NOTE: While the game has some ecchi scenes (and therefore, is classified as adult content), it is NOT hentai and it remains to be seen how much nudity ends up in the publicly-accessible version of the game (patrons will get a code to access uncensored scenes not available to the general public). Over time, I would also like to add improved cel-shaded graphics, video, and other immersive window dressing, but because I don’t have the animation experience, I will need to wait to add those features once finances allow me to engage a professional animator.