A part of the main “Iris Quest”, a small mini-game which we estimated to make for two weeks maximum. Just to entertain people waiting for the big game.
What is the final result?
We have developed something like a tabletop game with roguelike elements. With seven endings, a bunch of secrets, items and events. With its own non-linear story and gameplay which has almost nothing in common with the main game.
We have spent on it not two weeks AT ALL.
We have invested a whole lot of time and effort into it. We have written and translated hundreds of text pages. We have drawn hundreds of illustrations. We have programmed thousands of code lines.
Was it worth it?
If you’ll have fun for an hour or two playing our game, if you’ll like it even a little, then yes, it was totally worth it!)
– the bug on opening the configuration from start menu.
– when playing the game in Russian, the scene on receiving card 13 was shown in English.
– the bug on switching English/Russian for card gallery in main menu.
– Foo’s double attack alert was shown only during the attack itself.
– in some situations a defense boost was not reset after performing defense.
– the logical conflict between Trap Master’s and D’jasa N’bada’s plot lines.
– the bug on tentacle monster encountering guroblins.
– in some cases overfilling the inventory with quest items made impossible to continue the game.
– a few typos.
– a character winning ‘Foo’s bored’ event gets random item.
– a character defeating the guroblins or the tentacle monster gets random item.
– special tutorial is proposed before the first fight.
– added pop-up hints explaining the numbers in combat interface.
– fully ‘integrated’ mechanical plug of Trap Master now adds permanent +1 to defense.
– minor balance tweaks.